Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'll keep it short

I have about 5 minutes left on the computer before my time runs out so I'll have to be brief..I'm hoping that I can come back tomorrow and update again.

I've been in Banja Luka Bosnia for the past few days. It is much smaller than Beograd and a lot cleaner. I am staying with my cousin Rada. She is wonderful but doesn't speak any english. This made it hard to leave her apartment for the first 2.5 days. Luckly, my cousin Sasha stopped by on Tuesday evening and took me out. He walked me around the city and now I feel really comfortable to go out on my own. I left this afternoon to meet up with Sasha...I bought my first Coka Cola Light and it was wonderful.

It's really warm out today. The weather is great...but not so wonderful since not many places have air conditioning. That's me being a spoiled American, I guess.

People in Bosnia know how to eat. If you have a craving for Apple Pita or Plum Dumplings (two of my favorite serbian foods) then you need to come and stay with my Cousin Rada. She has made the best desserts for me. I have never had better.

I'll write more tomorrow...my time is up!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment